Friday, February 15, 2008

Whoa!

Wait a minute, you say, what kind of blog name is this? Well, as an (Old) French idiom goes, "honi soit qui mal y pense" - "shame on him who thinks evil of it". Of course the title (to which all credit and applause goes a dear friend and mentor who shall remain nameless) is a reference to this book being a guide on how to get off-the-grid, off-the-well, and off-the-furnace. And, well, my name is Christian, hence this book is about Getting off (the grid/well/furnace) with Christian.

Well, it's a working title at least. Since this book is likely to be published only in English and primarily in America, any publisher will probably want to tone it down a bit - although they say that sex sells, right?

So what is this blog about? Well, it's the (hopefully) fertile starting ground and repository for chapters of my book about my experience of designing, overseeing the construction of, and living in an "environmentall friendly" house that employes a sufficient numbers of "renewable energies" while providing common, modern-day 21st centure comfort: from the washing machine to the dishwasher, from the wireless internet to the garage door openers, from the (planned) music studio to the (planned) home theater. My motto for this project was "Sustainable Living and Renewable Energy. Comfortably."

Before I conk out completely, I wanted so share my idea for the blogging review process by those of who that I 've invited to participate in this process and to critically (and supportingly) comment on my entries.

But I have to listen to my body now and give in. I'm getting off (the internet) now!

Cheers - Christian

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, you've "gotten off" to a great start, Christian. Can't wait to watch the story unfold.